The first thing that comes to mind at the mention of Melanotan peptide is dark tan and strong erections. Aside from that, it also made its way into the sports communities as an effective bodybuilding agent, especially for cutting cycles.
Melanotan 2 (or just MTII) is a lab-made hormonal medication similar to the naturally occurring one referred to as melanocyte. Originally, its development was aimed at treating skin problems, including skin cancer. Some of the properties associated with this product include:
- Package: 1 vial
- Substance: 10 mg/vial
- Drug class: synthetic analogue of the peptide hormone α-melanocyte-stimulating hormone (α-MSH)
- Chemical name: Ac-Nle-cyclo[Asp-His-D-Phe-Arg-Trp-Lys]-NH2
- Molecular weight: 1024.180
- Formula: C50H69N15O9
- Manufacturer: Valkyrie Pharmaceutical
- Half-life: 1 hour
From another perspective, studies show that MTII can be used as replacement therapy in people who do not respond properly to PDE5 inhibitors.
USES AND BENEFITS
In the medical field, this medication is used in the treatment of fertility problems in both men and women. Since the melanocyte hormones are more concentrated in the human genitals, taking Melanotan 2 would boost its effectiveness resulting in healthier sex life.
The use of compound is quite common in the cosmetic industry as a sunless skin tanning agent, in which case the results may not be an even tan as a result of uneven distribution of MT2 to all parts of the body. The different levels of melanocyte distribution in the body also play a role in this regard.
In bodybuilding, it is known as a fat-burning agent given to its ability to suppress the user’s appetite to a notable extent. This will cause less intake of food and lower calorie count meaning lower body fat. Aside from working as an appetite suppressant, it also increases the metabolic rate of the body resulting in a more effective weight loss process.
Another reason why Melanotan 2 injection is common among bodybuilders and athletes is because of its ability to increase the level of naturally occurring testosterone in the body, a hormone known to be synonymous with:
- Energy boost for better performance
- Increased mental ability like focus and endurance
- Weight loss for a more defined appearance
- Lean and defined muscle building
- Results to better mood and alleviates depression
- Promotes a healthy heart
- Reduces the chances of developing osteoporosis
DOSAGE AND CYCLE
You may want to consider your skin complexion before administering this medication for skin tanning purposes.
- Skin Type 1: Very fair skin, never tans. Dosages: 50-60mgs or 5-6vials.
- Skin Type 2: Fair skin, burns but sometimes tans. Dosages: 30-40mgs or 3-4 vials.
- Skin Type 3: Medium skin, sometimes burns and always tans. Dosages: 20mgs or 2 vials.
The lighter your complexion, the more you need to take to achieve a tanning effect. Users are advised not to take more than 0.025 mg per kg for both tanning, bodybuilding, and erectile dysfunction.
Users are advised to carry out in-depth research before making a purchase to understand the up and downsides of Melanotan 2. Some of the negative reactions to look out for include:
- Loss of appetite which may lead to anorexia
- Flushed face
- Feeling tired
- Soreness at the site of injection
Also, do well to consult a health expert to make sure your health and medical history do not come in the way. People who may be suffering from high arterial blood pressure and those who may have the tendency to develop stenocardia are advised to stay away from Melanotan 2.
|Package||1 vial (10 mg/vial)|
|Substance||Synthetic Analogue of the Peptide Hormone α-Melanocyte-Stimulating Hormone|
|Common name||Melanotan II|